U9 Division Info
U9 Division - Learn to Play
Please see the registration information page for division age information. If you are unsure which division is appropriate for your child, please contact email@example.com
for further assistance.
- Playing Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Program Times: 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Softball Field Location: Cache Creek Park
- All team schedules will be posted on the website under specific Age Divisions link
- Each child will be issued a jersey for the season
- Required equipment: ball glove, running shoes or softball cleats (no metal cleats). Coaches are provided with a limited number of batting helmets, it is optional if parents want to purchase a helmet with softball face mask for your child
- The last scheduled day will be a “FUN DAY” - incorporating learned skills and rewarding each child for his/her participation
• To provide organized participation of children in softball
• To promote interest in the game and to develop sportsmanship
• To develop knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations of softball
- Rules at this level are basic. The goal is to have fun and expose the kids to as much batting, throwing, and catching as possible
- “Outs” will be introduced later in the season. If the ball reaches the base before the batter, they will be out
- All players bat during each game. Five coach pitches will be thrown. If the batter does not hit after 5 pitches, the tee should be used to allow the batter to hit. This benefits the batter as well as the fielders
- Stealing bases is not allowed at this level
- Scorekeeping is optional and should be agreed upon by both teams
- Helmets with cage and chin strap must be worn
- Catcher’s equipment must be worn appropriately
- Pitcher’s are to use a face mask
- Have FUN!!
Check this website often as new information is posted regularly!